Blue Mountains Spring Retreat 2022
October 14, 4:30 pm - October 16, 4:30 pm
Why This Retreat?
If you’re looking to familiarise yourself or dive deeper into the practices of yogasana, pranayam, yin yoga, meditation, movement meditation and experience yoga beyond your usual studio classes, this retreat offers you an immersion to these transformative modalities.You may be new to yoga or have a regular practice but if your usual in-studio yoga classes leave you satisfied but craving for more understanding, embodied experience and exploration, this retreat is for you.In the season of spring we use the elements of fire and wood during this retreat to synchronize with the nature, as per ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophies. These elements feature in all our practices from movement, meditation, pranayam and rituals.
Time For You: Rest & Rejuvenate
This full weekend experience leaves enough space also for you rest, rejuvenate and regenerate too! The venue and its in-house spa have a magnetic quality to them and you may not want to leave…
- Fire Ritual to release the old and make space for new, offered by a local Shaman.
- Deep and delicious yin yoga classes hydrate our connective tissue, joints, ligaments and tendons, targeting gallbladder and liver meridians governed by the element of wood in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- The journey of meditation gives us the opportunity to turn our awareness inwards and observe our mind, patterns and tendencies with kindness and compassion.
- In slow hatha flow classes we bring the element of fire to our practice to cultivate strength, lightness, dedication and determination, and plant spring seeds to grow.
- Yoga Trance Dance is an opportunity to explore our vitality, experience embodied liberation as we move from form to formlessness, rise to our creative lifeforce to manifest our visions.
- Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) for total relaxation and cultivating those spring seeds.
- Crystal Bowl Soundhealing by Source88– need I say more…
- Delicious, fresh and nourishing vegetarian meals (Friday dinner, Saturday all three meals, Sunday breakfast & lunch)
- iKOU spa gift pack to take home
- A goodie bag with seasonal treats
- In-house spa treatments (not included in the retreat price)
- Time for Self: Immerse yourself in nature with the Blue Mountain walks, enjoy a massage, reflect, journal, rest, nap.
Check in from 12 pm on Friday 14 October with the Welcome Circle at 4.30 pm.
Detailed retreat schedule will be released closer to the retreat start date.