2022-23 New Year Retreat
December 31, 2022, 12:00 pm - January 1, 2023, 12:00 pm
Let us take care of the transition from what has been to what will be.
Join Taru Tuohiniemi and Sherrie Laryse in the Blue Mountains for this all-inclusive boutique retreat, creating space for reflection, intention-setting, movement and rest.
This New Year’s retreat is time for you.
What to expect
- Welcome Circle and arrival meditation
- Yoga Nidra meditation for whole body and mind relaxation
- Ecstatic Yoga Trance Dance to let go of rigidity and welcome a sense of freedom
- Fire Ceremony to acknowledge, honour and close the year that was
- Slow flow & meditation to open your body, heart and mind to 2023
- Two hours of focus on your year ahead with a deep yin class, coupled with intention-setting practice
- Delicious and nourishing meals made by our personal chef, in a beautiful mountain setting
- Peace, tranquillity, nurture
Included in your retreat
- 1 night accommodation in single, twin or triple share room, each with ensuite & air con
- All meals (and dietary requirements) from lunch NYE to lunch on NYD
- Between-meal snacks, tea and coffee
- All yoga props, although you are welcome to bring your own
- The amazing offerings of Taru and Sherrie
- Opportunities to meet kindred spirits
Taru is an experienced yoga teacher, conscious dance facilitator and a change coach. Having gone through few health challenges herself and living in diverse cultures over a 15 year period – from Africa to Asia, from Europe to Australia – she appreciates the human capacity to adapt, grow, connect, and to establish roots and community where our home is.
From this space, Taru is passionate about offering transformative and authentic yoga practices, from subtle to more tangible, to suit individual needs and wellbeing. She enjoys empowering people in their unique expression so they may shine and thrive!
Taru offers public, private and corporate yoga and conscious dance events, retreats and change coaching.
Sherrie is an author, teacher and mentor with 10+ years working in human behaviour, neuro linguistics, grief, trauma, psychosomatics, mental illness, yoga and meditation. Her fascination with the human psyche also has her studying a Bachelor of Cognitive and Brain Science.
Sherrie’s focus is teaching emotional intelligence. She does this through yoga, through private consultation, public speaking, and written word.
She has witnessed profound transformation in my clients, and, as such, she aims to share practical methods of self-help through movement and through the power of story.